Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My son, my savior

As the days go on my armor seems to grow heavier. It is a nice, cool day, but we have a long ride ahead of us. I decided to drift away from the group a bit and ride with my son. We cut through the forest off of the main path and came to an open field. "It's days like today we need to learn to appreciate son," I told him as we moseyed through the field. We both heard a faint yelling and screaming in the distance. We rode to the edge of the field, which lead to a small hill. Down the small hill was a village under attack. "Good God son! Look what’s happening!" I exclaimed. I told him to stay where he was so that he would not get injured, and ran into the heat of battle. As I ran through the village, I could see the village people scattering and screaming. The smoke from the fires irritated my eyes; a faint tear fell as I ran. Through the smoke I spotted one of the attackers. I drew my sword and charged at the attacker. "You get outta here fiend!" I yelled, slashing the air as I ran. The attacker and I proceeded in the clashing of swords. Just as I brought the brute down, six more villagers surrounded me. I knew I was in a great deal of trouble. All of them charged at once, I tried my best to fight them off but my sword was knocked from my hand and one of the attackers landed a blow to my shoulder. The six men chuckled as they closed in on me. I'm done for I thought. This is the end. "Father!" I heard my son yell. As I looked to my left I saw him retrieve my sword and toss it back to me. "Its not over yet!" I exclaimed. I charged the six men and brought them down one by one. My son helped me limp up the hill and back to the main path where we caught up with the others where I received bandages for my wounds.

No comments: