Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Days of the Page



On the morning of September 20, Sir Francis, my father's good friend, delivered my father's armor to our front door. My dad died in battle fighting for his religious beliefs. My father was one of the bravest, most trustworthy knights to ever live. He was what inspired me to become what I am today, also a wonderful knight. Before I could become a knight, I had to start out as a page, which is the first stage of knighthood. I was taught everything from raising my horse to shining armor. Also, I gained knowledge of the social codes and manners that a knight should possess, such as chivalry. The reason that I have chosen to take part on this journey to the shrine of St. Thomas a Becket is to honor my father and pay my respects to the fallen knights of his time.

No comments: