Friday, November 2, 2007

Shy Priests

Well, we are nearing the end of our journey. Our guide says that it won't be more than a few more hours or so. A noticed something quite peculiar today. The nun had a few priests with her. They sort of kept to themselves the whole journey. I found it weird that they were this shy for being priests. Not to mention the fact they none of them had a tale to tell. They wondered up to me while I was getting something to eat. I also found it odd that they traveled in a group no matter where they went. Anyway, all they wanted was to thank me for accompanying them on the journey. I think they were saying this to everyone who was on the journey. I could not tell if they were being sincere, or if it was just an act so they could pretend they were really "Holy men." I thanked them as well, cause I would not think of being rude to the men of God. They all hurried away in a rushed fashion. I went back to my food in hopes of ending the ongoing roar of my stomach. I had a feeling that this was the last encounter I would have with priest I had barely known.

No comments: