Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Dagger


On our ride, we came into a small town. The town was filled with many people. Children stopped playing in the street to watch us ride by. I got off my horse and held him steady so that the children could pet him. They soon lost interest and ran off giggling. I continued walking through the town. I decided to enter one of the surrounding shops. The small shop contained many articles of clothing and attire. On a table towards the back, there lay a number of daggers. One particular dagger caught my eye. I picked it up and examined it. It was a small weapon, but looked as though it could be very deadly. It had a highly decorative handle made of silver. The sunlight snuck through the window and slid over the blade, the gleam of light put me in a trans for a short while. I turned to the storeowner and purchased the souvenir. Perhaps some day it will save my life...

No comments: